by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Dec 2, 2020 | Tastings
Tasting #63: Bruichladdich
On Wednesday, November 4th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 63rd tasting! We were joined by Jeff Greenstain, Brand Development Manager from Remy Cointreau, to go through Bruichladdich’s history and to taste some of their core lineup. We ended up tasting two of the new Octomore’s that we just released and they were fantastic. It was a great tasting and thank you to Jeff and Justin from Remy for setting this up for the club!
Here is what we tasted:
- The Classic Laddie
- Bruichladdich Bere Barley 2011
- Bruichladdich Islay Barley 2010
- Port Charlotte 10 Year
- Octomore 11.1
- Octomore 10 Year
32 members were online using Zoom for this really fun and rare tasting!!
For scores, please visit our Scores page.
by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Apr 26, 2019 | Tastings
Tasting #32 Recap: For Peat’s Sake
On Wednesday, April 10th, and Thursday, April 25th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its first tasting that just focused on peat. We have had plenty of peated whiskies before, but they were usually from one area (Islay), so this tasting was different in that we had Speyside, Highlands, Japan and of course Islay. We also paired each whisky with different smoked snacks. There were 28 members in attendance.
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted:
- Glenfiddich’s Fire & Cane – paired with Applewood smoked salame
- Ancnoc Cutter – paired with smoked Gouda and aged Cheddar
- Kaiyo The Peated – paired with Teriyaki beef jerky
- Port Charlotte 10 Year – paired with smoked mussels
- SMWS 10.118 ‘Enthralling pink and peat intensity’ – Bunnahabhain 10 Year – paired with smoked trout and smoked salmon
For scores from the tasting, please go to Scores.
Two fun evenings of education and great whisky. Cheers!