by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Dec 2, 2020 | Tastings
On Thursday, November 19th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 64th tasting! We actually didn’t host this one, but had 34 of our members join this great online tasting put together by Mario Campa and Bruce Farquhar, the founder of Dramfool Independent Bottlings. They shipped from Scotland six incredible tastes in these great tubes. Wonderful packaging. And the whisky was not too shabby!
Here is what we tasted:
- Carsebridge 44 Year Single Grain Whisky
- Highland Park 14 Year Single Malt Scotch
- Ben Nevis 23 Year Single Malt Scotch
- Malt Can Heal 25 Year Mystery Speyside Single Malt Scotch
- Bruichladdich Chateau D’Yquem 14 Year Single Malt Scotch
- Invergordon 33 Year Single Grain Whisky
34 members were online along with another 30 or so from other clubs using Zoom for this really fun and rare tasting!!
by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Jul 30, 2019 | Tastings
Tasting #38 Recap: Race Track Tasting
On Sunday, July 28th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its second annual Track Tasting. It was a great afternoon of tasting various whiskies, betting on the ponies, and getting treated to some Pies on Wheels! It really was the perfect afternoon for our club. 24 members were in attendance for this outing!
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted:
- Dingle Single Malt Irish Whiskey – Batch 4
- Barton’s 1792 Full Proof Bourbon – Gordon’s store pick (Waltham, MA)
- Balblair 2005 Single Cask – Gordon’s store pick (Waltham, MA)
- The Macallan Edition #4 Limited Edition
- The Glenlivet Enigma Limited Edition
- Kavalan Ex-Bourbon Single Cask – Symphony #2 – Gordon’s store pick
A great second year event for the club. We are already looking forward to next year. Cheers!
by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Aug 22, 2018 | Tastings
Tasting #21 Recap: Saratoga Race Track Tasting
On Saturday, July 28, the Saratoga Whiskey Club held its first whiskey tasting at the Saratoga Race Track on Jim Dandy Stakes Day. We had a great group attend and this will definitely become an annual tradition at the track. We couldn’t use our fancy Glencairn glasses, but there was still plenty of whiskey to be tasted. Now if we could only get the wagering to be better!!
Here are the whiskies that we tasted. Scores are posted on the Scores page.
- Aberlour A’Bunadh – Batch #62 – 59.9% ABV
- Glengoyne Cask Strength – Batch #5 – 59.1% ABV
- Benromach – Gordon’s Single Cask – 60.6% ABV
- The Macallan Edition No. 3 – 48.3% ABV
- The Glenlivet Code – Limited Edition – 48% ABV
Here are photos from the event:
Looking forward to next year already!