Tasting #66: American Whiskey
On Wednesday, December 30th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 66th tasting! It was the last tasting of the year and a great way to end it. We all can’t wait for 2021!! The focus of this tasting was American Whiskey. We dove into some Bourbons and then finished with 3 single casks from the Scotch Malt Whisky Society that were Bourbon, Rye and American Single Malt. On top of this, one of our members made ginger snap cookies with our logo on them! See the photo below. It was a really fun evening and a nice way to end the year. Here is what we tasted.
- Pre-Tasting Dram: Kyro Malted Rye Whisky – from Finland – yes, not American
- Penelope Straight Bourbon Whiskey – Rose Finish
- Elijah Craig Straight Bourbon Whiskey – Toasted Barrel Finish
- Knob Creek 12 Year Straight Bourbon Whiskey – 100 Proof
- SMWS RW2.1 American Rye Whiskey ‘Out of the ordinary – in a very good way!’
- SMWS B6.1 American Bourbon Whiskey ‘Ginger-spiced sponge’
- SMWS 142.1 American Single Malt Whiskey ‘Made in New York, New York’
53 members were online for this really great tasting.
For scores, please check here: Scores