by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Jul 22, 2020 | Tastings
Tasting #54: Speyside Tasting
On Wednesday, June 24th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 54th tasting. The focus of this tasting was whisky from the Speyside region of Scotland. We had bottles from the Scotch Malt Whisky Society as well as others to round out this great tasting.
Here is what we tasted:
- Aberlour A’Bunadh Alba
- SMWS 54.80 ‘Banana Mexicana’ – Aberlour
- Cadenheads Miltonduff 11 Year
- SMWS 1.217 ‘Mezzalunas at dawn’ – Glenfarclas
- SMWS 44.118 ‘Get your castanets clacking’ – Craigellachie
- SMWS 44.117 ‘Happiness is a warm bung’ – Craigellachie
- SMWS 36.171 ‘A smooth ride’ – Festival Bottling of Benrinnes
35 members were online using Zoom for this really fun tasting.
For scores, please visit our Scores page.
by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Jan 9, 2019 | Tastings
Tasting #25 Recap: A Scotland Tour
On Wednesdays, October 24 and November 28, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had great tastings of bottles that were brought back from Scotland on the 9 Maple Scotland Tour in September. The Tour focused primarily on the Speyside and Upper Highlands region of Scotland. A total of 22 members took part in this tasting.
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted:
- Balblair ’91 – 27 year
- The Singleton of Glen Ord – Distillery Exclusive – 14 Year
- Gordon & MacPhail’s Glenturret 14 Year Shop Exclusive – Spirit of Speyside edition
- The Arran Wee Double 10 Year
- Aberlour Hand-Filled 13 Year Sherry
- Tomatin Hand-Filled 16 Year Pedro Ximenez
For scores from the tasting, please go to Scores.
It was a fun tasting and a great recap of our Tour to Scotland.
by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Aug 22, 2018 | Tastings
Tasting #21 Recap: Saratoga Race Track Tasting
On Saturday, July 28, the Saratoga Whiskey Club held its first whiskey tasting at the Saratoga Race Track on Jim Dandy Stakes Day. We had a great group attend and this will definitely become an annual tradition at the track. We couldn’t use our fancy Glencairn glasses, but there was still plenty of whiskey to be tasted. Now if we could only get the wagering to be better!!
Here are the whiskies that we tasted. Scores are posted on the Scores page.
- Aberlour A’Bunadh – Batch #62 – 59.9% ABV
- Glengoyne Cask Strength – Batch #5 – 59.1% ABV
- Benromach – Gordon’s Single Cask – 60.6% ABV
- The Macallan Edition No. 3 – 48.3% ABV
- The Glenlivet Code – Limited Edition – 48% ABV
Here are photos from the event:
Looking forward to next year already!