Tasting #9 Recap: Kentucky Bourbon & Rye
The Saratoga Whisk(e)y Club had Tasting #9 on two nights, June 14 and June 28, 2017. The focus of the evening was Bourbon and Rye bottles that were recently brought back from Kentucky from the 9 Maple Bourbon Tour. We had a very large turnout of 36 people, both members and non-members. We had five different whiskies at our tasting, four bourbons and one rye. Here is a list of what we tasted:
- We started with a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout from Alltech Brewing
- Old Bardstown Bourbon Bottled in Bond
- Maker’s Mark Private Select Bourbon – Bill Samuels, Jr. Edition
- Old Fitzgerald 12 Year Old Bourbon
- Wild Turkey Master’s Keep ‘Decades’
- Angel’s Envy Rye
Overall it was a fantastic tasting with lots of special whiskies! It is always great bringing back bottles that are not available locally.
Please sign up for our quarterly newsletter if you are interested in learning about future tastings. Sometimes there are extra spaces available for non-members.
Here are some photos from the tasting.