Tasting #70: Rye Whiskey
On Wednesday, February 10th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 70th tasting. The focus of the tasting was Rye Whiskey. We hadn’t done a focused Rye tasting since very early on in the club’s history. So it was great to go back to this ever-evolving category of whiskey. Most of the bottles came from a recent trip to Kentucky when we picked up our New Riff barrel for the club. The others were sourced locally and the last one from Tom at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society.
Here is what we tasted.
- Castle & Key Restoration Rye – Batch 1
- MB Roland Single Barrel Rye
- Pinhook 4 Year Rye – Westport Whiskey & Wine Store Pick
- Nulu 7 Year Rye – Party Source Store Pick
- Alberta Premium Cask Strength Rye
- SMWS RW3.1 ‘Big, bold, fruity and spicy’ 7 Year Rye – NY Distilling
32 members were online for this really great tasting.
YouTube video: YouTube Video
For scores, please check here: Scores