Tasting #67: Scotch-Paired Dinner
On Thursday, January 14th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 67th tasting and first tasting of 2021. We started the year off with a really great Scotch-paired dinner. The food was crafted by the very talented kitchen crew at Hamlet & Ghost in Saratoga Springs. We paired five courses with 4 different Single Malt Scotches and one cocktail. It was a dinner-to-go, as the Pandemic still prevents our club from getting together indoors as a group.
Here is the menu and what was paired with it:
- First Course: Red Snapper Crudo – paired with “A Step Too Far” cocktail made with Lagavulin 16 Year Single Malt Scotch, Apricot, Amontillado Sherry, Golden Moon Kummel
- Second Course: Chicken Liver Mousse Tartine – paired with Gordon & MacPhail’s Connoisseurs Choice Highland Park 14 Year Single Cask
- Third Course: Braised Beef Cheeks – paired with Infrequent Flyers’ Linkwood 14 Year Single Cask
- Fourth Course: Stilton and Eccles Tart – paired with Glen Scotia 11 Year Double Cask Finish
- Fifth Course: Sticky Toffee Pudding – paired with SMWS 48.110 ‘Sooooternes!’ Balmenach 15 Year Single Cask
21 members were online for this really great dinner and whisky tasting.