Tasting #62: Whisky and Rum!
On Wednesday, October 28th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 62nd tasting! We were joined by Tom Smith from The Scotch Malt Whisky Society to taste different whiskies finished in Rum casks. We then ended with three of the Society’s Single Cask Rums! It was a great evening and discussion on rum, its impact on whisky and how great it can be on its own as well. Such a fun evening of tastes and education.
Here is what we tasted:
- Glenlivet Caribbean Rum Cask Finish (pre-tasting dram)
- Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask
- SMWS 9.172 ‘Quantum Endramglement’ Glen Grant 15 Year
- SMWS 112.51 ‘Funky Irie Feeling’ Loch Lomond 15 Year
- SMWS R2.11 ‘Goat farms, esters and vinyl funk’ Guyanese Rum 16 Year
- SMWS R1.5 ‘A little extravagant’ Jamaican Rum 12 Year
- SMWS R8.7 ‘The volcanic spirit’ Nicaraguan Rum 14 Year
32 members were online using Zoom for this really fun and rare tasting!!
For scores, please visit our Scores page.