Tasting #60: Feis Ile 2020
On Wednesday, September 30th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 60th tasting! This was a very special one. We were able to get our hands on a number of the Festival bottles from this year’s Feis Ile 2020 which was canceled due to the Coronavirus. Most of the Islay distilleries still released Festival Bottles so we did our best. We also added some hard to get Scotch Malt Whisky Society Festival bottles.
Here is what we tasted:
- Bunnahabhain 10 Year by Douglas Laing Old Particular – pre-tasting dram
- Caol Ila 16 Year Festival Release
- Lagavulin 20 Year Festival Release
- SMWS 3.314 ‘Loungecare stave exoticism’ Bowmore 15 Year Festival Bottle
- SMWS 29.270 ‘Collateral drammage’ Laphroaig 8 Year Festival Bottle
- Laphroaig Cairdeas 2020 Festival Release
- Port Charlotte 16 Year Festival Release
32 members were online using Zoom for this really fun and rare tasting!!
For scores, please visit our Scores page.