Tasting #6 Recap: Rye Whiskey
The Saratoga Whisk(e)y Club had Tasting #6 on two nights, February 15th and March 1st, 2017. The focus of the evening was Rye Whiskey. It was a great turnout of 35 people. We had five different rye whiskies at our tasting. Rick Sicari from Albany Distilling, a member of the club, was also there to present information on his distillery and rye, Ironweed. Here is a list of what we tasted:
- We started with a Guinness Rye Pale Ale (a great new beer from Guinness)
- Ironweed Rye
- Colonel E.H. Taylor Straight Rye
- Michter’s Barrel Strength Rye
- Redemption 8 Year Barrel Strength
- High West Midwinter Night’s Dram
Overall it was a fantastic tasting! This was the first time that we had to break up our tastings over two nights because of membership size.
Please sign up for our quarterly newsletter if you are interested in learning about future tastings. Sometimes there are extra spaces available for non-members.
Here are some photos from the tasting.