Tasting #49: SMWS April Preview
On Wednesday, April 1st, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 49th tasting. This tasting’s focus was the new release of April whiskies from the Scotch Malt Whisky Society. We had 6 different releases to taste from. Ben Diedrich, Co-Director of the Society here in the USA, joined us for this first virtual tasting during the Coronavirus epidemic. It was a great tasting of whisky from so many different distilleries with individual tasting profiles.
Here is what we tasted:
- SMWS 26.132 ‘Krupnik and amaretti’ Clynelish 9 Year
- SMWS 93.120 ‘Cocoa and coal’ Glen Scotia 14 Year
- SMWS 59.59 ‘Spock’s earwax’ Teaninich 10 Year
- SMWS 1.215 ‘Formidable chocolate’ Glenfarclas 15 Year
- SMWS 28.43 ‘Muscle-toned heft and punch’ Tullibardine 11 Year
- SMWS 53.310 ‘Kippers and slippers’ Caol Ila 10 Year
30 members were online using Zoom for this tasting.