Tasting #44: Single Cask Irish Whiskey
On Wednesday, January 8th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 44th tasting and started 2020 off strong! The theme of this tasting was Single Cask Irish Whiskey. It was a great mix of very different Irish whiskies, most of them brought back from Ireland in 2019. 19 members were in attendance for this tasting.
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted:
- Tullamore DEW Rum Cask Finish
- Red Spot Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
- Writers Tears Mizunara Cask Finish
- Clonakilty Single Grain Single Cask Handfill
- Redbreast Single Cask Gordon’s Pick Batch B
- Teeling Single Cask Sherry Handfill
It turned out to be a great night of tasting different Irish whiskies. A great way to start the year.
Check out the scores! Scores