Tasting #39: Annual Club Dinner
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019, the Saratoga Whiskey Club held its annual dinner feast. The theme for this year was whiskey finished in a variety of different casks. We had 48 people in attendance for this great evening of outdoor dining and tasting. The weather cooperated for us which was nice!
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted and the food that they were paired with:
- We started with a Rye Lemonade Cocktail
- Writers Tears Florio Marsala Cask Finish – Paired with Jerk Shrimp & Pineapple Skewers and Chicken Satay with Siracha Aioli
- Sagamore Spirit Port Finished Rye – Paired with an Arugula Salad with Port Poached Pears & Roquefort
- Highland Park Twisted Tattoo 16 Year – Paired with Lobster Sliders and Greek Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Bardstown Bourbon’s Phifer Pavitt Reserve – Paired with Braised Brisket with Bourbon Peach Glaze, Summer Succotash and Honey Jalapeno Cornbread
- Limestone Branch Yellowstone Limited Edition 2018 – Paired with Whiskey Bacon Brownies
A big shout out to Airstream Catering for providing us with the food for this dinner!
Scores can be found on our Score page.
And here’s to another great annual dinner!! Cheers.