Tasting #31 Recap: Luxury SMWS Vertical Tasting
On Wednesday, March 27, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its first Luxury tasting of 2019. The focus of the tasting was a SMWS Vertical Tasting of Glen Grant whiskies. It was an incredible evening and all of the whiskies were special in their own way. It was amazing to see how three of the bottles that were distilled on the same day in 1996 were so different from each other. There were 18 members in attendance.
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted:
- SMWS 9.147 ‘Cocktails in a coalmine’ – Glen Grant 21 Year
- SMWS 9.148 ‘Mustard, custard and musk’ – Glen Grant 21 Year
- SMWS 9.155 ‘Witches’ night’ – Glen Grant 22 Year
- SMWS 9.152 ‘Mindful savouring’ – Glen Grant 25 Year
- SMWS 9.150 ‘Thyme well spent’ – Glen Grant 30 Year
For scores from the tasting, please go to Scores.
An extraordinary evening of Scotch. Cheers!