Tasting #23 Recap: Blind SMWS Tasting
On Wednesdays September 5th and 12th, 2018, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its first Blind Scotch Malt Whisky Society tasting. We had six different single malt whiskies to taste from and it was an interesting evening to see how close the members came to a consensus.
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted:
- SMWS 73.98 – Layers of harmony – Aultmore 17 Year
- SMWS 112.27 – Tarry lapsang souchong – Loch Lomond 13 Year
- SMWS 100.14 – Boozy basil Blueberry – Strathmill 12 Year
- SMWS 39.130 – Zing like the ping of a musical string – Linkwood 26 Year
- SMWS 36.145 – Nice day for cricket – Benrinnes 20 Year
- SMWS 26.121 – A real ‘pick-me-up’ – Clynelish 13 Year
For scores from the tasting, please go to Scores.
It was a great tasting and one we will definitely do again.