Tasting #11 Recap: Islay Exclusives From Our Trip
The Saratoga Whisk(e)y Club had Tasting #11 on two nights, October 11 and October 25, 2017. The focus of the evening was bottles that we hauled back from Islay on the first Saratoga Whiskey Club trip to Scotland. These were very special bottles as most were distillery exclusives and not easy to find. We had a great turnout of 30 people, both members and non-members. We had eight different whiskies at our tasting, one from each of the eight distilleries on Islay. Here is a list of what we tasted:
- We started with a Charlie Wells Dry Hopped Lager from England
- Lagavulin Jazz Festival Bottling 2017
- Ardbeg An Oa
- Caol Ila Distillery Exclusive 2017
- Laphroaig Brodir
- Bunnahabhain Feis Ile 2017 Moine Port Pipe
- Kilchoman Distillery Exclusive 2017 – Rum Finish
- Bowmore Warehousemen’s Distillery Exclusive
- Port Charlotte Valinches Cask Explorations 16 & 17
Overall it was a fantastic tasting with lots of special whiskies! It is always great bringing back bottles that are not available locally.
Please sign up for our quarterly newsletter if you are interested in learning about future tastings. Sometimes there are extra spaces available for non-members.
Here are some photos from the tasting.