Tasting #69: Westland American Single Malt
On Wednesday, January 27th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 69th tasting. The focus of this tasting was Westland American Single Malt Whiskey out of Seattle. We were joined by Jeff Greenstein who walked us through the core line expression followed by three limited edition Westland bottlings. We were fortunate to get our hands on two Garryanas from 2019 and 2020 and an exclusive single cask for the NY market. It was a fantastic tasting and thanks so much for Jeff for joining us and co-hosting such a fun evening.
Here is what we tasted.
- Westland American Single Malt – American Oak
- Westland American Single Malt – Sherry Wood
- Westland American Single Malt – The Peated
- Westland Garryana 2019 – Edition 4/1 – Limited Edition
- Westland Garryana 2020 – Edition 5/1 – Limited Edition
- Westland Single Cask #2781 – NY Exclusive Market Release
52 members were online for this really great tasting.
YouTube video: YouTube Video
For scores, please check here: Scores
Tasting #30 Recap: Westland American Single Malt Whiskey Portfolio
On Monday, March 11th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had a great evening tasting American Single Malt Whiskey from the Westland Distillery of Seattle, WA. Our tasting was led by Chris Riesbeck, the US Brand Ambassador and a Keeper of the Quaich! Chris was excellent in walking us through the core portfolio as well as some special Westland releases. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and learned so much about American Single Malt and the growth of this category of whiskey.
The event took place at Harvey’s in Saratoga Springs, NY, and we had 25 members in attendance.
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted:
- Westland American Oak Single Malt Whiskey
- Westland Sherry Wood Single Malt Whiskey
- Westland Peated Single Malt Whiskey
- Westland Special Release Peat Week 2018
- Westland Single Cask 2479
Here are some photos from the evening: