The Saratoga Whisk(e)y Club had Tasting #7 on two nights, April 12 and April 26, 2017. The focus of the evening was Scotch single malts from the islands around Scotland, excluding Islay (since we did this in December 2016). It was a great turnout of 30 people. We had five different whiskies at our tasting and did a journey around Scotland as we started with the island of Arran and worked our way up to the Orkney Islands. Here is a list of what we tasted:
- We started with a Belhaven Scotch Ale
- Arran Smuggler’s Series: The Illicit Stills, Volume I
- Arran Smuggler’s Series: The High Seas, Volume II
- Montgomerie’s Rare Cask Select Tobermory 21 Year Old
- Talisker 18 Year Old
- Gordon & MacPhail Highland Park 15 Cask Strength
Overall it was a fantastic tasting with lots of special whiskies! In the future we do plan to go to Scotland and do this trip visiting the islands on the west coast and ending in the Orkney Islands. 2018!
Please sign up for our quarterly newsletter if you are interested in learning about future tastings. Sometimes there are extra spaces available for non-members.
Here are some photos from the tasting.