by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Oct 7, 2020 | Tastings
Tasting #57: Track Tasting
On Sunday, August 2nd, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 57th tasting. It was our annual track tasting, but because of COVID, we were unable to host the tasting at the Saratoga Racetrack. We used a member’s backyard to host the tasting on Zoom. It was a really great tasting of whiskies from the Highlands of Scotland. A lot of fun.
Here is what we tasted:
- Deanston 18 Year Bourbon Finish
- SMWS Beachcomber 7 Year Blended Whisky
- Old Pulteney 21 Year from Gordon & MacPhail
- Highland Park 24 Year from Gordon & MacPhail
- Glengoyne 20 Year from Old Particular
- SMWS 66.162 ‘A true harmony of flavors’ Ardmore 13 Year
- SMWS 68.34 ‘Roasty-toasty-tasty’ Blair Athol 10 Year Highland Festival Release
32 members were online using Zoom for this really fun track tasting.
For scores, please visit our Scores page.
by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Jul 30, 2019 | Tastings
Tasting #37 Recap: SMWS Tasting
On Wednesday, July 24th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club welcomed Tom Smith, the USA Director of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society, to Saratoga Springs. He hosted a fantastic tasting of the July Outturn releases of the SMWS. Along with the whisky, we were entertained with history of the SMWS, a variety of toasts and some discounts on membership and bottles. 35 members were in attendance for this tasting!
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted:
- Cask 93.107 – Glen Scotia – 7 Year ‘Flexing the mussels’
- Cask 1.209 – Glenfarclas – 7 Year ‘Waxing a hot woodsman’
- Cask 5.70 – Auchentoshan – 18 Year ‘In the absence of convention’
- Cask 35.224 – Glen Moray – 23 Year ‘Fata Morgana’
- Cask 52.25 – Old Pulteney – 11 Year ‘A morning at the beach’
- Cask 53.287 – Caol Ila – 12 Year ‘Ye olde medisin’
It was a fantastic evening with Tom and we look forward to another visit in the future. Everyone enjoyed this special treat. Cheers!