Tasting #10 Recap: World Whiskey Dinner
The Saratoga Whisk(e)y Club had Tasting #10 on Wednesday, September 13th, 2017. The focus of the evening was a World Whiskey Dinner where each whiskey was paired with a dish from that country. We had a large turnout of 35 people, both members and non-members. Five different whiskies were tasted, and the evening started with a Japanese cocktail. Here is the dinner pairing:
- We started with a Japanese highball using Mars Iwai Whiskey
- Kavalan Ex-Bourbon Single Cask, Cask Strength – Taiwan
- Paired with San Bei Ji Wings
- Paul John Classic Single Malt Whiskey – India
- Paired with Sweet Potato Pastry Spirals and Gujarati Wilted Cabbage Salad
- Mackmyra First Edition – Sweden
- Paired with Almost Famous Swedish Meatballs, Roasted Potatoes & Lingonberry Preserve
- New Zealand Whiskey Co. 24 Year 1989 Bottling – New Zealand
- Paired with Smoked Leg of Lamb with Asian Pear & Kiwi Salsa and a Carrot, Date, Mint & Seed Salad
- Domain de Hautes Glaces Single Malt – France
- Paired with Gateau Breton and a selection of French cheeses
Overall it was a wonderful evening of food and whiskey!
Please sign up for our quarterly newsletter if you are interested in learning about future tastings. Sometimes there are extra spaces available for non-members.
Here are some photos from the tasting.