by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Apr 16, 2020 | Tastings
Tasting #50: American Whiskey
On Wednesday, April 15th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had its 50th tasting! It’s quite the milestone for our club. Too bad it had to be online, but during these uncertain times….
The tasting’s focus was different styles of American Whiskey. We had 7 different releases to taste from. It was a great tasting of whiskey from so many different distilleries with individual tasting profiles.
Here is what we tasted:
- High Wire Distilling New Southern Revival Rye
- Michter’s Toasted Barrel Sour Mash
- St. George’s Baller Single Malt
- Heaven Hill Bottled in Bond Bourbon
- Maker’s Mark RC6 Limited Release
- Westward Astor Pick Single Malt
- Larceny Barrel Proof Bourbon
30 members were online using Zoom for this tasting.
Please check out our Scores page! Cheers.
by Saratoga Whiskey Club | Jun 21, 2019 | Tastings
Tasting #35 Recap: Kentucky Finds!
On Wednesday, June 19th, the Saratoga Whiskey Club had a special tasting that focused on bottles recently brought back from Kentucky in May during the Rascal + Thorn Bourbon Trail Tour. The goal was to taste whiskies that are not available in the Upstate NY market. It was a packed house and there were 26 members in attendance.
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted:
- Four Roses Small Batch Select
- Toddy’s Limestone Branch 100% Malted Rye
- Peerless 3 Year Single Barrel Rye “Orange Blossom”
- Michter’s Fort Nelson Reserve Rye – Hand Fill for the Club
- Justin’s House of Bourbon’s Pinhook Bourbon Barrel
- William Heavenhill 12 Year Bourbon
For scores from the tasting, please go to Scores.
It was a fantastic evening of Bourbon and Rye. Everyone enjoyed this special treat. Cheers!