Tasting #22 Recap: Annual Whiskey Club Dinner – Bourbon & BBQ
On Wednesday, August 8, 2018, the Saratoga Whiskey Club held its annual dinner feast. The theme for this year was Bourbon and BBQ. We had close to 40 people in attendance for this great evening of outdoor dining and tasting. The weather cooperated for us which was nice!
Here is a list of the whiskies we tasted and the food that they were paired with:
- We started with a Maker’s Mark Bourbon Slushie
- Barton’s 1792 Full Proof – Loch & Key Society Barrel Pick – Paired with a slow roasted Pork Belly (braised with Old Grand Dad 114) and topped with a Grilled Peach and a Bourbon Peach Sauce (that contained some Small Batch Barton’s 1792)
- Weller Special Reserve – Paired with a Smoked Chicken Caesar Salad
- Rebel Yell 10 Year Single Barrel – Paired with Smoked Baby Back Ribs (Johnny Drum was used in the BBQ sauce), Homemade Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, and Cornbread
- David Nicholson Reserve – Paired with Smoked Beef Short Ribs which were braised in Michter’s Bourbon and served with a Waldorf Salad
- Michter’s Toasted Barrel Rye – Paired with Truly Decadent Bacon Brownies and Ben & Jerry’s Urban Bourbon Ice Cream
A big shout out to Primal for helping us with good pricing on most of the meat served at this dinner!
Thank again to Primal!! And here’s to another great annual dinner!! Cheers.